Friday 27 April 2012

Make your own World books


I decided a long time ago that I wanted to do some creative books for my 'Make Your own World' side of the business. It has now been over 2 years, and 1 Granny Splash children's book later (which has no relation to Making in any way!) And there are still no books!

Part of the reason I thought it has taken me so long to get my act in gear, a part from the fact that I have been pretty busy getting the business off the ground in the first place (I am a little bit hard on myself...) is the fact that it takes a fair amount of time to get a book done! Especially when I had it in mind to design each page as a mini piece of art work in itself. 
Also the cost of printing a full colour book with more than 150 pages is preeeetty steep, unless you get like a zillion printed at a time!

And so I had a bit of time recently to re-organize and revisit my original business plan and decided why does it have to be a full blown book? Why do I have to sit at my computer for 6 months dolling out 200 pages of designs and projects, when I could do 'mini' books of about 20 projects at a time! 

I always enjoy doing craft projects, and I actually thought to myself that if I did a set of books that had their own theme, then people can pick and mix which they want to do- rather then just buying a massive book that gives you perhaps too much (and costs a bit too much too!)

So with that slight change, Here are the books I have decided to do: (Each one has 60 pages of fun filled crafty projects for you to make and do- and comes in handy sized A5 booklets instead of 1 big, hard back book!)

Volume 1: Vintage Home (Easy peasy projects to transfer your home into a vintage haven- from handmade bunting to personal designed wallpaper! All using 'pre-loved' or recycled materials.)

Volume 2: Handmade you (fantastic step by step guides that will teach you how to create a spanking new wardrobe for yourself. From beautiful jewellery to vintage dresses- and it will hardly cost you a thing!)

Volume 3: Natural you (Wonderful projects that will allow you to make delicious body and bath products that will transport you to a new world of relaxation! Inspired by my mum, a maker of natural body products, you will learn to make everything from Sea Salt body Scrubs to your very own perfume!)

Volume 4: A Journal of Self discovery (A beautiful book that will allow you to let loose all of your hopes, dreams and emotions, and help you lay down your unanswered questions. You will find out all of the parts of you that you may have forgotten about, and reach the end as a new, uplifted person!)


 I am already a quarter way through the first one, and I hope to have it finished by the end of next week (I am pretty quick when I get my mind focused!)And I've left a sneak pic of the front page up there at the top for you :)

 I still have a tiny bit further to go to get them all done, but I know I definitely will do it this time and would love to hear what you think! If you have any ideas on names, themes or even projects I can add to them then please let me know! I want to make them as usable and lovely as possible, so your opinions really matter to me :)

Thanks a lot and happy Friday yey!
xxx



1 comment:

  1. Hey Steph - Do you know about Create Space on Amazon.... basically you create a book which people can buy as an ebook or as a proper book - amazon prints them off for you bespoke - no need for long runs. Check it out. Fiona

    ReplyDelete