Saturday 18 August 2012

A Peachy 'Beachy' Home

I have really been into the 'beach look' recently, interiors wise- After all it is summer time (believe it or not!)
So when I am not painting my newly plastered walls a 'brilliant matt white' finish, you will often find me browsing through Etsy shops in search of some beautiful handmade beachy items to furnish my new home with! 

I decided, after hours of searching, to make the whole process a little easier to handle by making up a beach themed treasury list for myself (See it here) This means now I can just keep referring back to this inspirational lot when I need a quick nautical pick me up! (And it also means I am able to share it with you lucky folk too!)


Pictures by DIYstencils and JeanieDeans

First and foremost we have to go with the nautical wallpaper. A beach themed house is nothing without some lovely sail boat wallpaper in the traditional navy blues and cream. Plus you can even add a matching beach hut cushion in the opposing colours!


Picture by lacasadecoto

Bring the sea breeze into your home with linen and sea grass fabrics in gorgeous earthy and light colours. This crochet pouffe is perfect for this, and it is hard wearing too so should last a long time!


Pictures by bonjourfrenchie and Fondue

But don't forget to add the odd ice cream pastel shade and childlike prints to give a pop of colour and take you back to your youthful summers eating fish and chips by the sea. This light switch is cover is so on my wish list!


Pictures by LittleDogVintage and KrisKrafting

Furniture wise, nothing says 'nautical' more than a handmade treasure chest! This is perfectly sized to house all of your childhood photos and precious jewels :) On top of that, if you can't afford to buy new furniture, why not re-vamp your old ones with a good sand or a coat of white wash and these fabulous jute rope door knobs!


Pictures by ljfeceramics and CastawaysHall

Bring the sea side into your kitchen with these wonderful hand carved driftwood cheese knife selection! And make it even more special by serving them with some cheese and homemade chutneys on this coastal sky blue weathered tray. Or even fill it with some handpicked stones surrounding a 'sea breeze' scented soya candle, you know, for those romantic nights in...


Pictures by evielotts and swanboroughprints

If you know me by now (and I am sure you do) you will know I love a good print. And this super duper whale print plate is one I would definitely put on show on my shelf (never to be eaten from of course!) Similarly this lobster print would look fantastic above my dining room table, just wish they had matching place mats to go with them!


Pictures by dockartisan and SeaLoveAndSalt

However in the living room I would happily leave out the prints in place of these gorgeous rustic frames to display on the wall above my sea grass stair runner. And how cool is this driftwood IPad and IPhone docking station! Combining the modern and technical with the natural and rustic is something I am seriously loving!


Pictures by nakhome and amy daniels

Now ornaments-wise I have found so many lovely items that I found it hard to choose which I would bring into my treasury. But I managed (just about) to whittle them down these chosen few! Firstly there is this light an airy coral centerpiece, which would look ace right in the middle of a rustically sanded coffee table. I am also in love with these hand sculpted ceramic and found metal sculptures by Amy Daniels- which I have to admit aren't on Etsy itself- but I couldn't leave them out!



I also have this seriously cool hand carved seagull statue (you can't NOT have a seagull somewhere!) Which would look really nice in a bathroom or WC to add just a quick beachy pick me up. And I completely adore this coastal inspired scenery sculpture by Kirsty Elson ( once again this is not available on Etsy- but I couldn't resist!)


Picture by mosswoodshop

And finally you are probably going to need somewhere to display your new nautical wares as well as your collection of shells from your trip to the beach (of course coastal interior design is nothing without some hand picked shells!) So what better way then with this organically shaped hand carved driftwood shelf? Or if you are feeling thrifty why not try and make your own version with some recycled wood pieces and a few nails!

Anyway I hope you inspired by these wonderful designs as much as I am! I will keep you updated on my own 'peachy beachy' themed interiors as it all comes to life!

Au revoir!
Steph x

No comments:

Post a Comment