Tuesday 7 August 2012

It's all white...

Gaz has managed to get away for a few days to see his Dad, so I have taken this time to try and get the house fully painted before he gets back! (Nice girlfriend I am!)

What I didn't know however, is that painting actually takes a long time! There's the prepping, sanding, filling and then 17 layers or so of actual paint! And because this is actually going to be our first proper house, we have to do it 'properly' you know? Pfft- I always hated doing things properly...

Anyhoo I have been painting aaaaalllll day with my Uncle Stephen (who lives quite handily across the way in The Nook) And this is the result...


 We managed to get through a good 10 litre tub and we have only managed to do half of the first coat (and about 1 litre of that has just ended up in my hair!)

Did you know that painting brings you out in freckles? Well apparently it does! Brilliant white matt emulsion ones that is... And yes my eyelashes are white too!

I best go take a bath and soak my achy muscles, as we still have quite far to go yet...

I will be putting actual pictures of the results on here too soon (not just the results it has on me) so don't worry- I just want proof in case Gaz doesn't believe I had any involvement!

Speak soon! x  


No comments:

Post a Comment