Saturday 29 September 2012

Stocktober...

I am so very sorry for being lame 'post-wise' recently, but it has been a busy month indeed! (And not just the usual busy, but 'double busy' as Micky Flanagan would say...)

After finally moving into our new digs (pictures to come soon!) we have also been seriously getting stuck in to our new Emporium shop interiors- ready for the grand opening by the end of October *fingers crossed* (More on that soon too!)

Amidst all of this, (and after FINALLY getting my internet and laptop in working again!) I also received a lovely message recently from a lady called Clare Eguchi who runs a gallery/shop/cafe called The Tube Gallery in Woodstock, Oxfordshire...


Clare asked me if I would like to be a part of a 'Print and Pattern' exhibition that will be held at her beautifully stocked tardis of a gallery, from October to Christmas! 
Exciting stuff indeed...



 The Gallery itself is an innovative new place that opened at the beginning of June 2011 in the beautiful town of Woodstock just outside Oxford and home to Blenheim Palace. 
They host 4 main exhibitions a year bringing together a vibrant mix of artistic talent, both established (like Mickey Wolter's whimsical ceramic jewellery below here,) and up-and-coming (which I guess is me!)


And their shop is stocked full of wonderful cards, prints and design crafts by Tube Gallery regulars which constantly changes over the course of the year. Some you may know, and some you will soon know well! 
(A few of Rob Ryan's GORGEOUS plates just doing their thing here...)


There is also a lovely cafĂ© and bar (full of mouth watering home made cakes, platters and sandwiches,) with an outside courtyard for warmer days. 
AND every third Tuesday each month they also hold a film noir and art house film night! Crikey I know, it's a never ending shop... So if you happen to be down near Oxford at all soon, it is clearly well worth a visit!


 So yes I have A LOT of stock to be getting on with (hense the oh so clever post title!) Not just for this lovely place, but for our own shop too!

 AND it doesn't end there... I have also been holding on to some exciting news for over a month now and it has been killing me! But I will finally be able to spread the word from the 1st of October... and all I can say for now is that it has something to do with a wonderful Christmas collection coming to an online store near you! So keep your eyes peeled... YEY!!!

Right now I am off to print some more... 
Sweet dreams x

No comments:

Post a Comment